Best for kids on the move is our premium weighted blanket. Children who find it difficult to concentrate even for the shortest time possible or who find it hard to fall asleep will benefit from the sensory blanket. Our premium weighted blanket is without a doubt the best solution for your kid.
Therapeutic Benefits of Weighted Blankets
• It provides a natural calming effect.
• Depressed children can transform into jovial, happy kids with the blanket’s extra pressure.
• The premium weighted blanket is helpful in calming children with Autism, Asperger, SPD and ADHD.
• The premium weighted blanket is perfect for calming down children after school as well as during therapy sessions.
More Details about this Weighted Blanket
• Material of superior quality and well-made cotton.
• The fabric is Micro Fleece 100% polyester on the front and 100% Cotton on the back.
• Hand-washable and air-dryable so you can remove unsightly stains.
• Weighted with non-toxic hypo-allergenic plastic poly pellets (just like those found in Beanie Babies).
How does it work?
The extra weight triggers the brain to release neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin, which are responsible for improving moods as well as inducing a calming effect.
The therapeutic usage of weight as well as “deep pressure” to the joints, tendons, muscles, and ligaments is responsible for allowing the central nervous system to be able to interpret and integrate input that is both tactile (sense of touch) and proprioceptive (sense of body position, movement, and pressure).
Children can only be legally allowed to use the weighted blanket if they are 2 years of age or older. The acceptable weight for someone to use the weighted blanket is 10% of the body’s weight plus 1 additional pound. A weighted blanket should never restrain a person nor should a person’s movement be restricted when using it. The weighted blankets are not recommended to go above one’s shoulders nor should it cover the head. It is advisable to consult the child’s doctor or therapist before selecting the best-weighted blanket that fits your child’s needs.
Click here for more Weighted Blankets.
This therapy swing was designed for kids and teenagers with special need, and it can carry up to 165 lbs. These sensory swings come in several colors, including dark blue....
While in the process of availing a feeling similar to that of a human touch, this Therapy Swing made using 80% polyester and 20% Lycra gives a calming effect for...
Our Jumbo therapy swing is perfect for teenagers or kids with special needs. Buy this green sensory swing for autistic kids from our online store and benefit from this special...
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …